Wednesday 30 October 2013

Thurles Adventure

Good evening everyone,

A new chapter in my trip has begun. I have started working at a high end equestrian facility near thurles, Tipperary Co.

It reminds me very much of my time tree plantjng in northern ontario, my body is aching, the hours are long, you eat as much food as you can get your hands on, because your body needs it!

Im working with a top quality horses and trainers, and while thats amazing, my perfectly intermediate riding ability is almost struggling with these amazing horses!!

Ive been riding jack, my boss's massive hunter. Hes a fantstic horse that is very easy to control, exept when the other horses leave the areana to head to the track to do some galloping.. as soon as they head out the gate, that also leads to the trails and jacks beloved cross country course, he is no longer too plesed to be doing flatwork in the areana! His massive feet also sometimes get stuck under his massive body. But hes a powerful 6 year old that just wants to play!

The work is pretty typical stable work, turni out horses, feeding, grooming, muckkng out, cleaning tach and, of course, riding!! The riding however, gloveless, has created two huge rubbing burns on both my ring fingers... very painful!

As much as I am really missing living out of my pack, and moving around the country,  I am really enjoying  learning how irish horse farms work and run. 

I look forward to riding more horses of this quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment